- Develop a care plan that addresses common end of life symptoms such as dyspnea, pain, and agitation.
- Role play how to communicate with families when there is a decline in patient condition.
- Describe the use of advanced care planning and how it relates to patient care.
- Identify the four components of a palliative care plan.
- Differentiate religion and spirituality and how to assess in the patient at end of life.
- Discuss ways to honor the patient that has died.
Palliative Care Principles
Spiritual and Cultural Consideration
Communicating with patients/families at end of life
Pain Management at end of life
Symptom management at end of life
Advanced care planning- Advanced Directives, POLST, health care proxy, legal guardian
Nursing Roles at End of Life